Aspire Academy aims to maximise attendance rates for all of its students. Attendance is a key indicator of attitudes to learning and is a sign that we are actively engaging students. We work in close partnership with parents/carers to encourage the regular attendance of students. Whilst it is understood that parents/carers are primarily responsible for ensuring that their children attend school, we believe it is also our responsibility to support attendance. Parents/carers are regularly reminded that an unjustified absence is not acceptable.
Parents/carers are required to support the Aspire Academy Behaviour Support Plan and to sign the Aspire Academy Contract in support of their children.
Aspire Academy supports attendance through:
- Close liaison with parents/carers
- A clear policy on absence and by clearly defining our expectations of students and parents/carers at interview
- Close monitoring of students’ attendance at morning and afternoon registrations
- Working closely with the Educational Welfare Officer.
- Home tuition sessions where appropriate
- A Rewards Scheme