Subject Team Leader Maths
MPS/UPS TLR 2B
Aspire is seeking to appoint a Subject Leader in Maths. If you are interested in a creative and less restrained approach to teaching maths, this could be the move for you.
Aspire Academy is an Alternative Provision Academy with a difference. We are amongst the largest APs in the country and in the top 1% for outcomes for students. We currently support and educate nearly 300 students and see the development of the whole child as our core purpose. Since opening in 2014 Aspire has expanded rapidly and strongly. We support and work with over 25 secondary schools across 5 Local Authorities. Leadership and Management were judged Outstanding by Ofsted in our most recent inspection. Whilst we believe in supporting students to achieve their full potential, we also have the same belief for all our staff.
We currently offer a range of Maths courses including GCSE and functional skills Level 2. Maths is a highly successful subject within the academy and the team are creative about delivery. We are now looking to appoint an outstanding Subject Team Leader of Maths who has the ambition and passion to work with a highly committed team in raising standards in this subject. The department is committed to engaging student interest in mathematics, its theory and contextual application.
Comprehensive leadership training and support will be given internally, and through our partnerships, to support the successful candidate with middle leader development and the skills for further promotion for when those future opportunities arise.
Closing Date: 9am 7th May 2021
If you would like an informal chat about this vacancy or would like to arrange a site visit please contact Nikola Forrest on 01482 318789.
How to apply:
Applications can only be accepted via a completed application form which can be obtained from Human Resources on 01482 781912, email: email@example.com or download from our website www.sentamu.com/vacancies
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure the cost of which will be met by the Academy. Archbishop Sentamu Academy is an equal opportunities employer.
SALT Teaching Application Apr21
There are currently no Support vacancies
SALT Support Staff Application Apr21
We are currently advertising for Governor roles across our trust. Please click the links below to find out how you could help make a difference.
Click for: Letter to Prospective Governors
Click for: Governor Advert – January 2021
Aspire Academy are currently advertising for Trust Board Governors.
Aspire Academy Governor Advert
For further details please contact Nikola Forrest by telephone: 01482318789 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Local Governing Committee has agreed to adopt the following objectives for the academic year 2020/2021:
- Strengthen the governance structure of the academy and make arrangements for a meeting with the chair of the governing body and as many governors as possible;
- Provide documented evidence of the work of governors and their priorities, including any written scheme of delegation for an academy in a multi-academy trust;
- Work effectively with leaders to communicate the vision, ethos and strategic direction of the academy and develop a culture of ambition;
- Provide a balance of challenge and support to leaders, understanding the strengths and areas needing improvement at the academy;
- Understand the effectiveness of the actions leaders take to secure and sustain improvements to teaching, learning and assessment and how to effectively hold them to account for this;
- Monitor the quality of continuing professional development for teachers at the start and middle of their careers and later, including to develop leadership capacity and how leaders and governors use performance management to promote effective practice across the academy.
- We are looking for businesses, community groups and individuals to offer work placements, community work opportunities and experiences for our students. If you think you can help or are interested in supporting us in any area please get in touch.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Most posts are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure the cost of which will be met by the Academy. Sentamu Academy Learning Trust is an equal opportunities employer.
SALT Recruitment of Ex-offenders Policy and Procedure April 2021