Breakfast, a mid morning break and lunch are provided for all students free of charge. There are hot food options available at breakfast, break and lunch.
- Breakfast is available between 8.30 am and 8.50 am.
- Break and lunch have two sittings:
- Mid morning break is available between 10.00 am and 10.20 am for Year 11.
- Mid morning break is available between 11.00 am – 11.20 am for Year 10 and KS3.
- Lunch is served between 12.15 pm – 12.40 pm for Vocational subjects MVE; Sport; H&B; Catering.
- Lunch is served between 1.15 pm and 1.40 pm for Key Stage 3, Construction, Creative Arts and Academic Option.
Students are required to stay on site for lunch, unless they are in year 11.
Year 11 students, with parental permission, are able to go off-site if they choose to. Students must also have signed a contract.
We believe this is an essential part of getting older, being more responsible and learning to cope with additional free and unstructured time. It is essential students have these skills when they leave, in order to prepare them for life in work or in post-16 education.
Students should let us know if they have any special dietary requirements. Email email@example.com
Many of our families could get Free School Meals but do not claim for them; your child may be entitled to Free School Meals if you as the parent are in receipt of any of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Job-seeker’s Allowance (income based)
- Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (but NOT Working Tax Credit)
- It’s your entitlement
- Save hundreds of pounds per year
- Extra funding for the school in the form of Pupil Premium
- Other pupils and parents will not know you are claiming